The ballast stones in the foundation of the Langdon House came to Beaufort aboard some of the first trade ships between the new world and England; in a sense the oldest part of the home rests on British "soil".
Benjamin Franklin published Poor Richard's Almanac in 1732. Shortly thereafter, the initial house was built. Additions came in the 1790's, 1860's, and again in the 1920's.
Furnished with an eclectic collection of antiques, there is a sense of the late-18th/early-19th centuries. Each of the four guest rooms has a queen-sized bed, private bath, room temperature control, and mini-refrigerator. The innkeepers have an amenity for almost any need.
The "Master Guest Room" is secluded on the second floor and begs to be your hideaway with its sunlit Master Bath and 4x6 jetted tub where two can float side-by-side.
Areas for all the guests include the first floor parlor/dining area, lower porch, loaded with rockers and Adirondack chairs, and the exterior gardens. Off street parking is available for up to four guest vehicles, one per room.
"What really sets us apart is the commitment and passion with which we practice the art of innkeeping, our commitment to the well-being of each guest, and our efforts to provide a B&B with a genuine sense of heart and soul."